Cinematic Futures Filmmaking Contest and Celebration
Contest submissions accepted between July 1 and July 31
August 11 celebration event free and open to the public with food, drinks and an after party!
In partnership with and curated by Adam and Monique Madrid of LOL JAX Film Festival, The Jessie invites filmmakers to present new work that reflects on 200 years of Jacksonville history and envisions the next 100 years through the lens of diversity and inclusion. All winners will be announced at the public celebration event on August 11 and winning films will be screened at the event, followed by Q&A with filmmakers.
Judging and Prizes
An independent panel of judges will view submitted films, which can be narrative shorts, short films, or documentaries. Cash prizes will be awarded: $1,500 for first place, $1,000 for runner-up, $750 for third place, $600 for fourth place, and $500 for fifth place; $750 for the student winner and $500 for student runner-up
This contest is open to any filmmaker that lives in, has a connection to, or has an affiliation with the city of Jacksonville. "Student" filmmakers include all entrants 18 and under.
- Submissions are open from July 1, 2022 to July 31, 2022.
- Submitted films can be up to 10 minutes.
- Films must be an .mp4 or .mov file in 1080p or 4k.
- More than one submission can be sent per entrant.
- All winners will have their work screened live at The Jessie on Thursday, August 11, 2022. Winners will be announced live.
Any question regarding the specifics of submission can be emailed to email@example.com.